July 23, 2007

Those were the days....


So I was checking out Virgin America the other day because I'd heard they were going to start service between San Francisco and New York pretty soon. It looks nice and fancy, yet affordable...and it got me thinking about another airline that I've heard so much about, Braniff International. They went out of business before my jet-setting days, but I still see their name popping up in reference to so many fun things: Alexander Calder, Emilio Pucci, Alexander Girard...

2 comments:

Jessamyn Harris said...

oh my god! I am both tantalized and horrified! :)

we enjoyed watching Rize, and crazy David Lynch, and Its-Its... yum.

Anonymous said...

don't get me started on how fabulous braniff was!

it's really fun to check out the ebay auctions when the old stewardesses sell their pucci uniforms!