July 11, 2007

Eye Candy



Ever since making that quilt a couple weeks ago, I've had quilt fabric on the brain. My mom and I spent a long time in Stonemountain and Daughter Fabrics in Berkeley the other day, just ogling all the different prints and beautiful solid colored cottons they sell there. I decided that it would be fun to make one quilt per year (which is only way I'd be able to add quilting into the mix with all my other current projects/hobbies). That way you'd have an ever-growing collection of handmade quilts, you could take your time picking fabrics and piecing them together, and perhaps even hand quilt them.

The prints pictured above are from the "Katie Jump Rope" collection, part of Denyse Schmidt's latest offering from Free Spirit Fabrics. I'm tempted to purchase the entire Fat Quarters collection, which includes one piece from each of the 36 fabrics, since it's so hard to choose favorites!

1 comment:

baffle said...

Rainbow Grocery in SF and Stonemountain and Daughter Fabrics in Berkeley - unbelievable selection, and so very inspiring.

Thank you for taking me to both.
I must to return - soon.