January 09, 2008

Antony Hall Cards



The other day we found ourselves in North Beach, so we made sure to stop by one of our favorite stores in the neighborhood, Eden & Eden. While we were there, we picked up these two beautiful silkscreened greeting cards based on folk-inspired paper cutout designs, which I am now obsessed with! They are by a British artist named Antony Hall, and there appear to be six designs in the collection, each one available in multiple colors. It was hard to narrow it down to only two! Since they are fairly large in size, (6" x 8") I have a feeling these are going to end up in frames rather than in the mail. Visit his site to see more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh. I love scherenchnitte!
I love to do some freehand papercutting- very relaxing. I usually make wacky halloweenie-type cats and skeletons!

Anonymous said...

These are great! There's definitely something floating around in the zeitgeist right now, in terms of artists and paper cutting...