October 13, 2007

WOW!!!!


We recently rented one of Sir David Attenborough's nature documentaries "Life in the Undergrowth" and a week later I still can't stop thinking about it. Practically every single frame of the movie completely blew my mind. Go rent it tonight. And in the meantime, check out some clips over at YouTube. The one above is a time lapse of a spider building a web. Ridiculous! But I must say, of all the amazing things captured in this superb documentary, the slug sex scene is hands-down the most outrageous, surreal, unimaginable, crazytown stuff I've ever witnessed on film.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour!

I'm a french artist.

How are you?

PROLIX

{ThE fReNcH tOuCh}
http://prolix.typepad.fr

Conn said...

Thanks for the tip on the film.
The slug sex scene is as you said....
the most outrageous, surreal, unimaginable, crazytown stuff I've ever witnessed on film.
SHOCKING HOW NATURE WORKS.

Jessamyn Harris said...

I haven't watched any in a long time (it's on my list), but a friend whose husband is british told me the BBC recently ran a poll to see who the great living British icon is, and David Attenborough won - just beating MORRISSEY!!

Anonymous said...

I was on an Attenborough documentary kick recently and watched most of his films. I recommend them all, but my favorite was Life of Birds (if you watch that one, keep an eye out for the "It's got a monkey!" scene).

He gets so excited, and obviously loves what he does, and that can really fire up an audience. It also helps that he reminds me of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets.

Crystal said...

There's a new David Attenborough film called Life in the Freezer that I just got from Netflix -- haven't watched it yet but I have high hopes based on the other films in the series.