August 06, 2009

Derek Bueller's Day Off

So sad to hear about the passing of John Hughes today. He was probably, in many ways, one of the biggest cultural influences on me as a young boy. His movies still make me laugh and think and laugh some more.

On a trip to Chicago last year, we took a couple of our own Ferris Bueller-inspired pictures at the Art Institute...


And in honor of the man, here are two impossible This? or This? challenges for you:

Breakfast Club? or Ferris Bueller's Day Off?


Sixteen Candles? or Pretty In Pink?


7 comments:

Derek said...

So hard, but:
Ferris Bueller
Pretty in Pink

Basic A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Basic A said...

Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Pretty in Pink. Just don't make me choose between the two of those.

P.S. I put on The Dream Academy's cover of The Smiths' "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" before checking out your Chicago pics!

ilana said...

"She lives in Canada, met her at Niagara Falls. You wouldn't know her."

Breakfast Club.

Pretty in Pink.

Toughest so far.

Anonymous said...

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Sixteen Candles. No question on that!

Paper Pastries said...

ferris buellers day off because i was obsessed with m.b. for 15 years and 16 candles because i still luv jake ryan.

Anonymous said...

I'm desperately in love with them all, but I'd have to say Ferris Bueller & Sixteen Candles.

That was tough.

*Funny aside: Someone I dated for a minute in NYC is now married to Molly Ringwald. That makes us... well nothing really, but I definitely add a little more oomph to her B.C. dance when I do it now.