October 24, 2006

Sugar Skulls, Phase 1

We're planning a Day of the Dead/Halloween party with our friends Doug & Carrie for this weekend, and of course there are going to be crafts galore, including sugar skull decorating! So far we've made 13 of them, and look how cool they are! I'm excited to see how they look once everyone has decorated them with sequins and icing, but I have to say I kind of like the way they look pre-decoration too. Spooky and sweet, our favorite combo. We hope to see all of you Bay Area Guild members there on Sunday!

4 comments:

Conn said...

WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE.
You two are 2 much!

I love them. I think I kinda like them white too, but will reserve judgement until I see them all decorated.

baffle said...

Dia de los Muertos is such a wonderful Celebration of LIFE.
Traditionally, one erects an altar for a loved one who has passed on from this world. The altar is decorated with flowers, food (yes, your wonderful sugar skulls!), photos and other momentos of the deceased person's time here on earth.

I fell in love with all the skull imagery after participating in Day of the Dead art projects at school (college) and seeing a memorable exhibit of Dia de los Muertos altars at the campus art gallery.

Life is short - it's a good thing to celebrate being here and then moving on...

Anonymous said...

oh! the sugar skulls rock!!!! I can't wait to see them in person and I kinda like them plain too...

Jessamyn Harris said...

isn't 13 the right amount to make? there isn't a spookier number...
I saw some decorated with gold leaf at whole foods and they was purty!