October 02, 2006

Best Gift Ever



We were doing some research on how to make a hollow book the other day, and it reminded me of the amazing gift Derek gave me for Christmas last year. It's a "French New Wave" kit, complete with false eyelashes, Chanel makeup and Lucky Strike cigarettes. Accompanied by a book about François Truffaut and the "Band of Outsiders" DVD. How cute and crafty is that? And it's such a great gift idea! It seems like people are already thinking about the holidays, though they're over 2 months away. Time to start planning our holiday crafts, I guess! Maybe I can come up with a good theme for D and make one for him this year.

(Side note: I never expected that my husband would be the one to introduce me to a favorite new makeup product, but I am in love with and highly recommend the Chanel liquid eyeliner pen, the only item from the kit that I permitted myself to use. I wanted to keep it exactly how it was when I received it!)

3 comments:

baffle said...

The video for the eyeliner pen is besk!
Eyelashes on the model are a little scary and caterpillar-ish, but the narration is outstanding.

Also - glass etching day looks like a good time was had by all.
Huzzah! for Curiosity Guild!

Jessamyn Harris said...

I love it!
my friend adi once made my friend vanessa a hollowed writer's style book with a 5th of jack daniels in it. so classic!

Lauren said...

Ok the narration on the eyeliner video is really weird- she sounds like a talking computer module from Star Trek or something!