October 16, 2006

I love my crafty friends!


I know the pictures speak for themselves, but can I please talk about our friend Ellen's 50 States quilt for a minute?!?!?!? She finished it this weekend and we are soooooo impressed! First, by the fact that she managed to piece together all the states so perfectly. (Can you imagine adding a seam allowance onto a piece of fabric shaped like California?) Second, by the beautiful muted color palette, and third, all the incredible hand quilting! It looks so amazing, and I can't wait for the accompanying Hawaii and Alaska pillows.

Seeing other peoples' handiwork is so inspiring- I have a stack of fabric that is just sitting there waiting to be turned into a quilt, and I finally feel ready to embark on that project. Thank you Ellen for the inspiration! And congratulations on your cozy new quilt!

PS- if you're feeling inspired, check out the quilt kits we've got for sale in the shoppe. (So glad we can finally share this stuff now- it's been hard not being able to mention it the past couple weeks as we've been working to get the store open!)

6 comments:

baffle said...

This thing is soooooooo bee-yoo-tee-full that it almost makes me cry!
And made by the delicate creative crafty hands of our own El.

So inspiring.
So lovely.
So fine.

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. it is marvelous! Ellen! its the loveliest quilt ever.

Anonymous said...

THANKS my fellow crafty people! I am so relieved that it is finally finished - it's been going on in slow motion for a long time and I can't wait to start something new. And thanks for posting the photos, CG Blog!

Jessamyn Harris said...

no WAY!

go Ellen!

"I can't wait for the accompanying Hawaii and Alaska pillows."

so awesome.

Conn said...

WOW!!!! THAT IS IMPRESSIVE! How long did it take?
I'm dying to srat my own, and much like Lauren have all the fabrics - more than enough - which makes it harder to decide which to use and when to start. The colors really are beautiful.
Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! So beautiful, Ellen! Alaska and Hawaii pillows, that is the best.

And congrats Lauren and Derek on the Shoppe opening! I am already pining after half your merchandise.

- sarah (potts)