July 07, 2008

Mini craft project

I have been coveting this Alessi wire basket from the Moma Store for months. I love its color and simplicity but just don't have the $110 to spend on it at the moment... so I was extra excited when I came across two silver baskets with a similar shape at our local thrift store earlier today. And at $2 each, I couldn't pass them up. A couple coats of extra glossy red spray paint later, and I have a DIY version of this design classic, without the buyer's remorse! (I'm holding off on painting the second one until I get some yellow spray paint.)

before...

after!

3 comments:

Liz McCoy said...

Stunning!!!!!

Laurin (@LaurinEvans) said...

I have that exact silver basket. I think I'll paint it. I'm inspired.

Denise Kiggan said...

Oh I love it! My spray paint cans are very dear to me! No Buyer's Remorse, just Creative Joy!