August 10, 2006

Who Knew?!

That Diet Coke and Mentos are such a unbelievably explosive combination??
Everyone but me, apparently. Which is strange, because back in New York I knew a lot of fashionista folks whose entire diet consisted of those two things. Well, I thank MythBusters for letting me in on that little scientific non-secret. I've become a bit obsessed with the show, but seeing as though it's totally SMART and totally CRAFTY, I guess my love of it should come as no surprise. Plus, they film it here, so I'm always seeing their van tooling around my neighborhood. Well, in the Mentos & Diet Coke episode they kept showing clips of a video where these two guys choreographed their Mentos and Coke explosions in such a wonderfully fun way I thought I'd share it with the 3 other people on the planet who haven't seen it yet. Click here to watch the video and check out their site.

3 comments:

baffle said...

The Bellagio (Las Vegas) fab fountain show has nothin' on what these guyz do with that crazy combo of coke + mentos!

Egads! Does the same explosive reaction occur in one's tummy-tum-tum when a mento is washed down with a swig of coke?

Thanks for the show n' tell. I'm one of the '3'.

Anonymous said...

#2 checkin' in. #3, where are you?

Conn said...

YEAH RIGHT?
I SAW THIS ON THE TODAY SHOW ONE DAY.
THAT'S REALLY FRIGHTENING TO THINK THAT IS GOING INTO YOUR BODY.... WELL MAYBE NOT YOURS.. AND CERTAINLY NOT MINE!