February 26, 2008

Miles and miles of yarn!

Merino wool in rainbow colors

My yarn stash!

This weekend I made my way down to the Santa Clara convention center with my mom to attend Stitches West, a yarn convention and marketplace that is a dream for knitters and fiber lovers. We didn't have time to attend any of the workshops or classes, but did spend a few hours winding our way around the booths full of yarn and trimmings. There were skeins and balls and bags full of hand-dyed wool, natural alpacas, space-dyed cottons... there was more yarn in that building than I've ever seen! While we were at first drawn to all the beautiful vibrant colors of the hand dyed yarns, we both ended up buying earthy, natural colored yarns (mostly alpaca blends), and picked up a pattern book to share.

No comments: