November 08, 2006

Great Art Show

Last weekend we were fortunate enough to make it over to the Bedford Gallery in Walnut Creek for the last day of their most recent show, "Embroidered Stories, Knitted Tales". As I'm sure you've realized by now, we are big fans of the yarn arts, and this show featured 38 artists who are doing amazing knitted, crocheted and embroidered works on wood, fabric, paper, and just about anything you can imagine.

I left with a long list of names to look up on the internet when I got home, and here is a small selection of some of the artists' work that we really loved. Enjoy!

Tree sweaters by Elaine Bradford (she also did the deer head in the image above).


Mended target by Lisa Solomon.


Knitted superhero costumes by Mark Newport


Embroidered pill bottle by Leah Markov-Lindsey


Crocheted food by Joy Kampia.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. those are AMAZING. i especially love the mended target.

not to seem like a snob, but who knew walnut creek had anything cool? (aside from close proximity to derek's Concord)

lisa solomon said...

hey! thanks so much for the mention... someone just told me they spotted my work here!

Anonymous said...

The scary deer head trophies are made safer by their wonderful coverings.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled accross this link and just thought I'd clarify that my food is crocheted, not embroidered. Glad you enjoyed them.(Joy Kampia)

Lauren said...

Of course they are crocheted! Not sure why we posted them as embroidered... thanks for the heads up. We are huge fans of your work!