September 21, 2006

The Knitted Garden


Another example of knitting gone wild! (I love that my friends forward me stories about all things knitted and crocheted- thanks Matt!) A woman in England had the idea to create an entire knitted garden, so she and 300 contributors got to work creating all kinds of knitted garden sculptures, from a pond to a picnic to these cute little critters. I've done some crocheted sculptures, but nothing knitted yet- and this makes me want to give it a try! Our local yarn store has a great window display right now of knitted donuts and other sweets, complete with colored sprinkles done in beads. I'll try to snap a picture of it sometime in the next couple days.

1 comment:

baffle said...

I can't believe how cute that snail is.
I'd like one sewn onto a gray hand-knitted scarf please.