July 18, 2006

Art Art Art

We spent the last couple days touring art galleries, going to openings and open studios, and getting a general sense of what type of art is being created and shown in and around San Francisco. Of course I didn't take notes as we were walking around, but some highlights that stuck out in my mind include:
Gee's Bend Quilts at Haines Gallery. (Excited to see the big Gee's Bend show at the De Young soon too.)


Clare Rojas and "The Art of Robert Pimple" at Gallery Paule Anglim. But of course.


"Peripheries of Narrative" group show at Patricia Sweetow Gallery. Especially loving the glitter paintings by Jamie Vasta.


Cosmic Wonder group show at Yerba Buena. Congratulations to Hisham for his massive wall painting! The security guard made me delete my photos but I still have this one...


Open studios at the Headlands Center for the Arts. An amazing place with a great sounding residency program. Saw lots of good stuff here.

No comments: