June 05, 2006

Feeling Inspired by Craftiness!

I spent this morning perusing my favorite crafty blogs, and from there I started clicking around on some of the links from those blogs, which lead to discoveries of many more new favorite crafty sites! There are so many talented crafters out there who make the most beautiful things, and I have definitely gleaned much valuable information from craft blogs in the past, when stuck on knitting patterns, when figuring out how to apply for my seller's permit for the Renegade Craft Fair last summer, etc. (Mom has even become a regular reader of not martha, and she sends me cute links that she gets from that site all the time!)

To cap it off, I listened to a couple episodes of craftypod, and after being inundated with all types of craftiness online, finally had to spend some time away from the computer actually working on a craft, so I picked up a scarf I started last winter and started knitting. (I'm finding that in San Francisco, you can actually wear hand-knit items all year round, whereas in New York I couldn't even think about touching yarn from June through September.)

So in the spirit of the craft blog, here are a couple of my most recent projects. (more to come!)
Here is a stuffed squirrel made from corduroy scraps and little pieces of the prettiest plaid which I had been saving for years! I knew they would come in handy some day. The pattern came from Felissimo, (which I heard closed recently... is that true?) and I shrunk the size a bit for extra cuteness. Next up- more stuffed animals from my Woman's Day Book of Stuffed Toys and Dolls. Can't wait! Such a good way to use all the small pieces of fabric I can't bring myself to throw away.

Origami flower ball. This took FOREVER, but I like the way it turned out. The trick is to get all the same color paper, which I found in Japan Town. It would be so pretty to have lots of these in different sizes hanging from the ceiling, but I just don't have the patience to make any more!

In addition to these projects, I have been making lots of envelopes with my new envelope templates from Paper Source. It is just too much fun. No pictures, as I've already sent them all...

No comments: